Saturday, November 27, 2010

A rotoscope script

For those who don't know what a rotoscope is, it is a cartoon, created essentially from a non cartoon image. You take a photograph and turn it to a cartoon and it's a rotoscope.

I've been doing some of it since the past few days. I came across quite a few programs for both imagery and video. The greatest one (in my opinion), was a hack and not a program created by a youtube user about which I found out from a google search. Here's that original rotoscope hack.

The results were, however, not quite upto my needs. So I worked on it, and now I have a modified hack of that script, which I used to make this video.



You just get a video, get this script and a few packages and you're up and running. Bad news for my Windoze friends, as this only works on Linux. I don't know for sure at this point if the used programs are available for Windows, but if they are, I'll write a batch script to do the same on windows. Till then, use a live Ubuntu CD.

Here's the script:

Automatic rotoscope hack

2 comments:

H o n z a said...

The link to the lriginal script does not work

Sudipto Sarkar (Xtreme) said...

@Honza Check again plz..