Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What's this life for?

Not unlike many nights, I could not sleep last night. With this pressure kinda thing in your head, you think more. Your mind goes astray thinking about a hell lot of different kinds of things. I remember when I used to be this high tech hacker guy, whose mind wandered in the unexplored depths of the cyber world. With time, my explorations became slower. I started taking a slide towards this crazy guy, who just thinks a lot. I unraveled the mysteries about life and everything. But on the other hand, I sometimes find myself questioning, "Is this all worth it?" Ironically, I do not seem to be having the answer to that. Over and again, Jack's words click back in my head:

With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy.

Looking in the mirror, I find my face sagging down. I begin to accept what they probably call "fate". Everything that begins must at some point, end.

I have, like most of us must have, tried to figure out the answer to why we all exist. My purpose however, was to find the reason for my existence. I never did though. But in the place where I am, it doesn't really matter any more. May be we really are here to just be "happy", but again, not everyone thinks like that.


We are the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no great war, no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

 Tyler's words coming out of my mouth. And I used to be such a nice guy.

2 comments:

Shivam Maheshwari said...

Great post....
What made you writing stuff like that???

reading both of your posts in succession...I'm now thinking.....deeply thinking.....about the unanswered question....

Sudipto Sarkar (Xtreme) said...

@Shivam I get frustrated sometimes.